If your Facebook Page and Ads Manager are NOT currently being managed with Facebook Business Manager, you will need to complete this step.
We recommend to always use Facebook Business Manager to manage your Facebook assets regardless of whether you’re an agency managing campaigns for clients or company granting access to employees or agencies.
- If you don’t have a Business Manager account yet, you can follow the “Create a Business Manager Account”
This instruction will walk you through the steps to claim access to assets that were outside of Business Manager (i.e. with a personal Facebook account).Important:
Claiming Facebook Page and Ads Manager should only be performed if you are the actual owner (with admin access). If you are an agency, freelancer, or employee working on another company/person’s assets (Pages, Ad Accounts, etc) do not claim those assets. Instead, you can simply be assigned the role that you need by following the next chapters of this instruction.
- Typical scenario: In the early stages of your business, you or an employee created an Ad Account or a Facebook Page using their own personal profile. Your business should now use Business Manager to manage your assets. This will also allow you to easily control grant and revoke access to your assets to your employees or when working with freelancers, agencies, or consultants.
Migrating Facebook Page to your Business Manager:
- Who performs this action: The Admin of the Business Manager account who wants to claim the assets. (This could be the business owner, a CEO, or other stable member of the organization)
1. Log in to your Business Manager Settings here
2. On the sidebar click “Pages” → “Add” → “Add a Page”